Rajbhog is a traditional Bengali sweet made with paneer and stuffed with almonds and pistachios.
- 200 gm paneer from cow’s milk
- 1 Tbsp maida (refined flour)
- 1/2 kg sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp golden food color
- 1/8 tsp saffron
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 8 blanched and chopped almonds
- 8 blanched and chopped pistachios
- Mix the saffron with the cardamom powder, almonds and the pistachios.
- Put the sugar and water over medium heat, to dissolve the sugar, stirring all the time.
- Meanwhile mash thepaneerandmaidatogether to a smooth consistency.
- Divide mixture into 6-8 and form round flats, put some mixture in the center and form into smooth round balls again.
- When the sugar is dissolved, add the food color and over high heat add thepaneerballs.
- Cook over high heat for 15-20 minutes, adding water every 5 minutes, so that the sugar does not get too thick. Cool and serve.